Check Your Code
There are many reasons why you may have received the wrong Eircode or the one you have been given points to the wrong location. It could also mis-route when used in navigation systems. No one else has checked your code so you MUST, especially before you have to use it in an emergency. If your code is wrong, if it mis-routes, or if you just have not received one yet, then you can create a Loc8 Code and use that instead when you have to call the ambulance service. Checking requires that you manually inspect location & navigation using your own local knowledge so this is not something that can be automated. Follow the steps below;- you only have to do it once.
Also Do it for Those Who Can't!
Follow the "How To" Guide Below
How to Check Your Eircode
1. Check that your Eircode points to EXACTLY the correct location on the map using Eircode Finder
2. Try to navigate to it using Google Maps checking:
4. If there is a problem with your Eircode in any of the checks above then create a Loc8 Code using the Guide on this page
5. Do the same checks for vulnerable family, friends & neighbours
IF YOU HAVE NO EIRCODE, IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR EIRCODE OR IF YOUR NORMAL ENTRANCE IS CHANGED IN UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCES, THEN CREATE A LOC8 CODE USING THE GUIDE ALSO ON THIS PAGE
How to Check/Create a Loc8 Code
6. Check a Loc8 Code by entering it at this link and then navigating to it in Google maps & be sure to use the "View in Google Maps" option When in Google maps use the normal "Directions" option to test navigation. Choose a start point away from your home if you are at home. Zoom in to check where it suggests entering your property.
7. A Loc8 Code should be created at a location a few metres inside the gate at the main road giving access to a property
8. If you do not have an Eircode OR if it is wrong, if it points to the wrong location, is not supported by Google, if you want a different entrance used OR if when used for navigation it mis-routes, then use a Loc8 Code which is also supported by the Ambulance Service. You can get a Loc8 Code for your property, your entrance OR any location at the Loc8 Code Website or using the free point8 app.
9. You can create a Loc8 Code for any location;- from remote Farm Yards & Building Sites, Industrial & Safety infrastructure to Boat Piers;- any location at all in the Republic & Northern Ireland.
10. When you get a Loc8 Code DO NOT RELY ON IT UNTIL YOU FIRST CHECK IT FOR THE CORRECT LOCATION AND HOW IT WORKS IN NAVIGATION Check a Loc8 Code at the following link & be sure to use the "View in Google Maps" option - see point 6 above